The problem of appetite in children is one of the most common complaints of parents and the most common complaints of pediatricians. In fact, 25-40 percent of children have anorexia. Although anorexia is sometimes a symptom of major diseases such as urinary tract inflammation and hepatitis, it is often based on non-serious causes such as attracting the attention of families. Therefore, if there is no underlying disease and your child continues to develop healthy, there is no need to worry about anorexia. But what do you have to do to make an appetite child like to eat? Acıbadem Atakent Hospital Child Health and Diseases Specialist Tijen Alive, often 8-9. Starting from the month starting from the method of how to monitor the problem of loss of appetite.
1. Do not bottle-feed: because the effortless sucking style of the bottle leads to a decrease in the child's interest in sucking the breast of the mother, which requires more effort and struggle since the newborn period. In addition, it is difficult to switch from infant feeding to adult chewing. Perhaps one of the most important reasons for anorexia in young infants and children is either excessive dependence on the mother's breast or the bottle addiction we have created with our own hands. If you use a mother's breast or a bottle for a solution every time the child cries or falls into sleep, you develop a psychological addiction and prepare an environment for anorexia.
2. Do not rush additional foods: Feed only breast milk for the first 6 months. Start with additional patience and small steps without rushing. Create a diet according to your doctor's advice, giving the same thing every day at the same time. Because babies don't like disorder, chaos and chaos. Be stable and consistent to avoid confusion.
3. Be a role model: If your child has an appetite, one of the most important points to consider is your own diet. Because your child observes carefully and tries to model you. If you grind cauliflower, beans or zucchini or eat it very rarely, do not expect your child to like these vegetables.
4. Let him beat, and eat himself: The most beautiful child is the child who eats. From the 9th month, you can start the exercises to feed your child. When you pour the spoon to the ground at the beginning, it will succeed to be able to take it to your mouth over time. If you give your child the pleasure of being able to feed himself, he will eventually become a more appetizing child.
5. Provide sweet-tough authority: to eat an energetic and dynamic child who is curious about everything that is going on around him
it is not always easy to concentrate and persuade. The trick is to see your baby's or your child's determination and consistency, so that you can obey you with a sweet-hard authority that you will show him. You have to convince him that he has to eat. Children are the ones who can read body language best. You can use your lack of appetite as a weapon in order to annoy you by seeing your emotions (anger, annoyance, anger ...) as a success on your behalf and to attract your attention.
6. Pay attention to the sleeping pattern: The eating pattern in children goes parallel with the sleeping pattern. In order for the child to be able to eat adequately and well, he must first go to bed early and wake up early and have regular feeding hours.
7. Sit on your family table: Sit your baby on the family table from the age of nine months. Make sure that eating is a social occasion and that the family has come together to see it as a fun situation. Because the food for a child is the least exciting on the list they will cook.
8. Have a children's party at home: Social motivation is very important in motivating the child to eat. So children eat better in schools. Mothers who cannot eat their children at home cannot believe their eyes when they see how much their children eat at school. If there are children eating good food around you, prepare tables for your child to eat with them, give parties.
9. Do not give sugary, starched and ready foods: Do not give your child what he should not eat because he or she does not eat. In particular, grocery-type foods, sugary, starch and ready-to-eat foods do not accustom to feeding. Because these foods give the taste of the mouth to the sugar flavors, creating a sense of false satiety. At the same time, it leads to future conditions for diabetes and high cholesterol.
10. Do not insist, but do not create an alternative: Do not insist if your child has not eaten or left his plate unattended. But do not give anything at a snack. Then your child will learn that he / she should wait for the next meal over time.
11. Don't be intimidated: Our basic expectation in child nutrition is not much
consume as much. Don't force your child too much on quantity. Your high expectations about eating can cause her to fail, and indirectly, to escape from feeding.
12. Do not exaggerate: Do not exaggerate emotionally or operationally when your child does not want to eat. If the child therefore realizes that you are interested, he will refrain from eating specifically to attract more attention.
13. Limit fluid intake one hour before: Limit fluid intake 1 hour before and during meals. Because the child's already small stomach volume filled with liquid as a result of creating a feeling of satiety may cause disruption of real nutrition.
14. Never use food as a reward-punishment tool: your child should be aware that eating is his responsibility. Therefore, your reward or punishment will cause him / her to have misguided behavior and point of view.
15. Don't reflect on her fear that she will stay in her throat. Your child may internalize your fears, resulting in various eating problems, such as vomiting, gagging, chewing and not eating rough foods.